Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and that means so are the sweets! We’re all for settling the cravings of our sweet-tooth, so we wanted to help our patients with braces indulge with safe, braces-friendly foods. Here’s one of our favorite holiday recipes that all of your guests will enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
The Important Parts!
- 25 whole Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- One 8-ounce cream cheese package, softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- One 8-ounce package Cool-Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush cookies until fine crumbs
- Pour melted butter over crumbs and stir
- Press into pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes
- Cool completely
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth
- Add thawed Cool Whip and beat until smooth
- Pour filling into the crust and level out the top
- Chill for an hour
Things to be mindful of!
This delicious, braces-safe recipe, is very rich in flavor! Always make sure to brush your tongue and teeth thoroughly so the braces don’t absorb the sugar and create cavities in your teeth. We hope you and your family have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday!